Water voles are a protected species and require consideration during impact assessments of development projects and works near watercourses. Blackdown Environmental are experienced in undertaking assessments for water voles.
Water voles are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981). Assessments for water voles are often required as part of a planning application where impacts to a watercourse are likely.
Ecological Consultancy Services
Blackdown Environmental are highly experienced in undertaking assessments of water vole for a wide variety of projects from
land management to large scale housing developments. Whatever your project type you can be assured that you will receive a high quality of service.
Our water vole survey services include (but are not limited to):
- Habitat suitability assessments
- Assessment of use of a site
- Method statements to avoid harm to water vole and mitigate potential impacts
Environmental Contracting Services
Blackdown Environmental’s contracting team can assist with implementing a variety of mitigation solutions devised for water voles.
Blackdown Environmental are able to assist with the following:
- Installation of water vole fencing
- Reliable adherence to detailed methods of precautionary approaches to avoid harm to water voles and their burrows governed by our experienced Ecologists
- Habitat creation and management
Call us on 01404 891188 to find out more.