Otters are a protected species and require consideration during impact assessments of development projects and works near watercourses. Blackdown Environmental are experienced in undertaking assessments of otters.
Otters are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981) and the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations (2010). Assessments of otters are frequently required as part of planning applications, often requiring an assessment of their use of a site.
Ecological Consultancy Services
Blackdown Environmental are highly experienced in undertaking assessments of otters for a wide variety of projects from land management to large scale housing developments.
Whatever your project type you can be assured that you will receive a high quality of service.
Our otter survey services include (but are not limited to):
- Habitat suitability assessments
- Assessment of use of a site
- Method statements to avoid harm to otters and their resting places
Environmental Contracting Services
Blackdown Environmental’s contracting team can assist with implementing a variety of mitigation solutions devised for otters.
Blackdown Environmental are able to assist with the following:
- Installation of otter fencing
- Artificial holt creation
- Reliable adherence to detailed methods of precautionary approaches to avoid harm to otters and their resting places governed by our experienced Ecologists
Call us on 01404 891188 to find out more.