Blackdown Environmental provide expert ecological solutions. Our services are designed to remove the risk of nature adversely impacting commercial activities by delivering business protection for every type of commercial activity – facilities management, health and safety, construction, property management and much more.
Our local, knowledgeable and friendly teams work throughout the UK to ensure that customers can achieve their commercial goals safe in the knowledge that conflict with nature has been mitigated considerately.
2018 is going to be a year of growth and change for us and we’re looking for people to join the team who are positive, enthusiastic and motivated towards helping the business achieve its ambitions. Experience is not always essential as we have the experience and facilities to train the right person.
Take a look at some of our key roles within the business or our current vacancies below.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Midlands Office (Kenilworth)
Blackdown Environmental provides Ecological Consultancy and Environmental Contracting services to a wide variety of clients within the transport (road and rail), housing, charitable and utilities sectors.
Blackdown Environmental has an opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Senior Ecologist to help deliver and develop an ecological consultancy service from our Midlands office. The role includes working alongside our existing small team of Ecologists based in Devon to deliver and expand our services both within the Midlands and other parts of the country. The successful candidate will be a good team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree in Ecology or related subject
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within the field of ecological consultancy
- Experience of undertaking Phase 1 habitat survey/ Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (and able to demonstrate good botanical identification), and a range of protected species surveys.
- Holder of protected species licences.
- Experience of performing Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) duties
- Excellent written communication skills and experience of producing high quality reports
- Full driving licence
- Attention to detail and methodical approach to tasks
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Professional appearance and manner with clients
- Ability to be involved in business development and generation of new work opportunities
- Ability to work away from the office including overnight stays when required
- Willingness to work evenings and early mornings when required, often at short notice
- Willingness and ability to undertake training related to rail, highways and construction site work
- Willingness to undertake drug and alcohol testing when required
- Membership of CIEEM
- Experience of applying for European Protected Species Licences (EPSLs)
- Experience of GIS systems and mapping of ecological data
- Experience of undertaking Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA)
- CSCS Card
To apply, please fill in the form below or click here